Dear valued client,
We would like to assure our clients that during this difficult and unpredictable time, Orange Grove Veterinary Hospital will continue to provide emergency veterinary services for your pets.
As an essential service gazetted by the South African government, we will stay open during the lockdown however, we have instituted strict protocols during this period. These strict measures are to minimise the risk of exposure and ensure the safety of both our staff and clients whilst caring for your pets.
Please take note of the following:
1) No walk-in cases will be seen. Only emergency cases will be booked after telephonically speaking with the veterinarian.
2) Vaccinations for puppies or kittens under one year of age can be booked by appointment with reception.
3) Sterilisation of female cats and dogs will only be carried out under special circumstances and after discussion with one of our veterinarians.
4) Regretfully we will not be doing general check-ups, vaccinations, nail clips, etc.
5) Additionally, no elective surgeries or dental procedures will be performed. Only emergency surgeries if required.
6) Please note no collection/delivery service will be available during this period.
7) Only Pet Food & Medication can be ordered. Order must be called in on (011) 728 – 1371 and an appointment made once the order is ready for collection.
8) Please allow for 24 hours for orders to be available. This is dependant on the availability of our suppliers.
Consultation Hours (strictly by appointment only)
Monday – Friday
08:00 – 16:00
8:00 – 11:00 & 16:00 – 18:00
Sunday & Public Holidays
9:00 – 11:00 & 16:00 – 18:00
Protocol for emergency consultations
The following safety protocols will be instituted during the 21-day shutdown:
1) Only animals will be brought into the hospital.
2) All clients will have to wait in their vehicles or in the car park while their pet is being treated.
3) The veterinarian will communicate with you telephonically regarding your pet’s treatment.
4) Please note all fees are to be settled immediately.
Additionally, we will be able to supply your pets’ prescription or veterinary recommended diets, and medications to the best of our abilities. We urge clients, not to overstock on items for more than what is currently required as per the 21-day lockdown. Please take note of the following ordering protocol:
Protocol for pet food & medication orders and all payments
1) Once an order is placed clients will be called once food and/or medication orders are ready and collection time will be scheduled.
2)All food and medicine orders will be taken directly to the client’s vehicle.
3) Please note all fees are to be settled immediately.
4) EFT is preferable with POP must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or a printed copy brought in on collection.
5) If a credit card is used, preferably a manual transaction can be done by the receptionist telephonically or if necessary the machine can be taken to the client’s vehicle.
We once again appeal to clients that if you have COVID-19 (confirmed by tests), travelled to a high-risk country in the past month, exhibit flu-like symptoms, or have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 and have not been tested, for the safety of our staff, please do not visit Orange Grove Vet. We encourage you to seek advice from a medical practitioner and stay isolated.
For emergencies contact us on (011) 728-1371. #stayathome #staysafe
Drs David Moore, Brian Romberg, & Keith MacWilliam
Orange Grove Veterinary Hospital