Over the past two months, the threat of novel corona-virus has developed from an epidemic localised in Wuhan, China into a pandemic affecting tens of thousands of people across the globe (announced by the World Health Organisation). What was once a problem in China and Europe has now become a reality in South Africa, with the number of confirmed cases increasing on a daily basis.
On Sunday, South African President, Cyril Ramaphosa, established a plan of action to curb the spread of this disease in South Africa. As he clearly stated in his speech, all South Africans need to play an active role in curbing the spread and impact of COVID-19 on our nation.
At Orange Grove Vet, we are taking Corona-virus very seriously and have implemented steps to ensure our staff and clients are safe while continuing to provide the high level of veterinary care and services we have always offered.
Below is a review of the actions we have taken and additional services offered:
- Hygiene and cleanliness. Staff members and clients are encouraged to wash their hands on a regular basis. Disinfectant soaps and hand gels are available throughout our hospital (consultation rooms, bathrooms, reception, hospital, offices). In addition to our routine hygiene protocol, surfaces and areas which have a lot of “human” contact are disinfected more often.
- We respectfully ask that for the safety and wellbeing of our staff and clients any persons that feel unwell (e.g. flu-like symptoms), refrain from visiting our hospital during this period.
- We kindly ask that clients bringing their pets into Orange Grove Vet, reduce the number of “humans” visiting, e.g. one person per patient. This is to limit the number of people who are in contact with each other at any time.
- For clients wishing to buy food, drugs or merchandise for their pets, we ask you to call ahead of time so we can prepare your order. Payment can be made via EFT, credit card or cash and orders can be delivered directly to your car. For orders over R3000, we will deliver to your home free of charge (by prior arrangement).
- If you are hesitant to bring your pet into Orange Grove Vet for a consultation, we are offering a fetch and delivery service (by prior arrangement) at a reduced fee of R70 until the end of March.
- Additionally, if you wish to bring your pet to Orange Grove Vet but do not want to enter our premises, you are welcome to remain in your vehicle while we attend to your pet. We will fetch your pet to and from your car.
We would like to assure our clients that during this difficult and unpredictable time, the veterinary team and support staff will continue to provide veterinary and ancillary services to you and your pets. Should you wish to ask any questions please feel free to contact us on (011)7281371.